We did it! We hit the 100k subscriber mark on YouTube. To celebrate, I thought I would create two DIYs to mark the occasion. In this week’s YouTube video, I created floral letters and my very own YouTube play button. Here are some pictures and details for this week’s crafty makes.
DIY floral letters
These are easy and quick to make. I made a 100k floral display, but you can create your own words or initials for your project. Here is how you can create yours.
- I purchased large cardboard letters which you can find here.
- I used a blade and scissors to remove the top piece of cardboard. I then removed the cardboard filling on the inside.
- I cut up some foam and inserted it into the letters. You can glue the foam to the cardboard to keep it from falling forward.
- I used a wire cutter to remove the stems of some artificial flowers and I then placed them into the foam.
These floral letters look great placed on a shelf but make sure you don’t use heavy faux flowers, as your letter may fall forward if it becomes too heavy.
DIY YouTube play button
YouTube can take a while to send out your play button, so, I decided to have some fun and create my own. YouTube has four award buttons. The first one which is the silver play button and you get this when you reach 100k subscribers. This would make a great DIY gift for any YouTuber to celebrate smaller milestones. Here is how I created mine.
- I spray painted a frame using Rust-Oleum primer and bright copper spray paint.
- I used my Jigsaw to cut some scrap wood to the shape of a YouTube play button and I prayed it with the bright copper spray paint.
- I used Canva to print off a certificate and popped it into my frame.
- I used my glue gun to attach my play button to the frame.
I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported my YouTube channel and blog over the past few years. I sometimes forget to pause and celebrate milestones when they happen. It is a nice way to reflect and look at how far our creative community has grown. If you tune in every Thursday for a new video, thank you! I appreciate every comment and thumbs up on each video. Let’s see what this new decade has in store for our creative corner of the internet. If you enjoyed this week’s DIY then check out my other DIY projects here.
Thanks for reading,
Job well done! I am putting the n# 2 with light purple flowers for my granddaughter,s birthday card. Thank you for sharing!
Aw so glad you found it useful Sharon! Thanks for reading